Welcome to Mrs. Carr's Class
Courses: Geometry and Algebra II
Conference Time: 10:50-11:35 a.m. --Please schedule an appointment through the school office.
Littlefield ISD Calculator Contract.doc
Littlefield High School
Mrs. Carr’s Classroom Rules
- Students will be polite and respectful of other students’ rights in the classroom. Being disruptive by talking or laughing to the extent that it keeps the class from learning will result in disciplinary action. Disrespectful behavior aimed at either other students or the teacher will result in office referral.
- Cheating offenses will result in a zero on the paper or test for the person or persons involved. A discipline report will also be filed with the office
- No food or drink is allowed in the classroom. If you have a medical condition which requires special circumstances regarding food or drink, please see me for arrangements.
- All math problems will be done in pencil. Assignments done in pen will not be graded. It is your responsibility to arrive with all supplies (including homework) each day.
- Late work will be deducted 15 points the first day it is late, then 30 points on the second late day. If work is 3 days late but complete, a grade of 50 will be recorded. Work that is not turned in will result in a zero.
- It is your responsibility to ask for makeup work. You have the same number of class meeting times plus one to make up work as days that you were absent. Any exceptions to this will have to be discussed with me. Remember, math is much easier if you keep up. It is to your benefit not to get behind. I will record a zero for the assignment if you are not making a good effort to get work done in the allowed time.
- If you know that you are going to miss class, ask for the assignment in advance. Please attend tutorials when you will be absent, or have been absent so I can help you with your assignments.
- If you are tardy because of another teacher, you will need a brief note stating that you were with that teacher. Otherwise, all tardy consequences will be handled by the office.
- Remember, math is much easier if you keep up. This one sentence could play a major role in the type of year you have. Please keep it in mind.
- We’ll have fun, learn some math, and have great year. I’m glad you’re here!