The No child Left Behind Act of 2001 recognizes that all children can achieve the same high standards and must be provided the education they need to reach those standards. Successful student academic performance depends upon the opportunity to attend schools that:
- Provide instruction to all students that, based on the findings of solid research, will lead to gains in achievement for all students;
- Have highly qualified teachers and principals;
- Provide a learning environment that is safe and drug free, and conducive to learning; and
- Are accountable to the public for results.
The Department of Education performance goals:
- Performance goal 1: By 2013-2014, all students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better in reading/language arts and mathematics.
- Performance goal 2: All limited English proficient students will become proficient in English and reach high academic standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better in reading/language arts and mathematics
- Performance goal 3: By 2005-2006, all students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- Performance goal 4: All students will be educated in learning environments that are safe, drug free, and conducive to learning.
- Performance goal 5: All students will graduate from high school.
Littlefield ISD supports the premise of the No Child Left Behind act of 2001 and has incorporated the Department of Education goals into the District and Campus Improvement Plan. In addition, Littlefield Independent School District in cooperation with parents and community, will develop well educated citizens, who are assets to society, by maintaining a highly qualified staff utilizing the latest technology and resources.